Associate (Innovation Certification Level 1) certification is designed to teach you about the use of idea generation tools in breakthrough innovation and to apply them in creating more and better innovative ideas.
Who should apply?
Individuals or practitioners looking to understand what business innovation is and what process and tools of creative thinking are needed to generate and execute new breakthrough ideas for their organization.
Innovation Certification Level 1 Modules
- Definition of Innovation, Business Innovation and Breakthrough Innovation
- Innovation Techniques
- Breakthrough Innovation Process
Validity of Application
You have six (6) months to take the exam from the date you applied for the certification.
How to prepare for the exam?
To earn your Associate (Innovation Certification Level 1) credential, you need to meet the experience and education requirements, and pass the examination, a 80-question, multiple-choice online test. Test takers will be tested on their understanding of the concepts and frameworks discussed on IMBOK Level 1 Guide as well as practical experience around innovation. Regardless of how advanced your innovation experience or education might be, you should still prepare vigorously for the exam. Successful candidates typically use multiple study aids, including courses, self-study and workshops. On average, successful candidates will spend 20-30 hours or more to prepare, so make sure you leave yourself plenty of preparation time before you take the exam.
- Study at your own pace by reading the IMBOK Level 1 Guide or registering for the online course
- Learn by doing through 2-3 day innovation workshops
- Regular: USD 550.00 + Admin/Handling Fee
- Student: USD 300.00 + Admin/Handling Fee (In order to receive the student discount, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your proof of student status. Accepted documents are valid student ID or latest copy of Transcript of Records.)
The Associate (Innovation certification Level 1) certification package includes:
- Associate (Level 1) Certificate (based on passing score)
- Associate (Level 1) Exam Fee (online exam)
- Innovation Management Body of Knowledge (IMBOK) Level 1 Guide (electronic copy/PDF)
- Remote Proctor Fee*
*GIM Institute has partnered with a remote proctor service provider to give flexibility to test takers on when and where to take the exam (as long as they have good internet connection).